- Soil Preparation for Vegetable Garden
- Apply 3.5 lbs. per 50 square feet and work into the top 4 to 5 inches of soil. When possible, mix with organic matter such as compost, humus, or peat moss.
- Feeding Vegetables and Tomatoes
- Single plants: Apply up to 1/3 cup per plant.
- Rows: Apply 1-1/3 cup each side per 5 ft. of row or 10 lbs. each side per 100 ft. of row.
- Potted Plants
- New Plants: When preparing soil for new plants, thoroughly mix 2 cups of Garden-tone into each cubic foot of Potting Soil.
- Established Plants: Sprinkle 1.5 tsp. of Garden-tone per 4″ of pot diameter onto the soil along the outer edge of the pot. Water thoroughly.
- In the garden – use 1 tbsp. per plant
- In containers – Use half the rate for potted plants above.
How To Apply:
- Individual plants – Sprinkle around the drip line of the plant.
- Row crops – sprinkle evenly on each side of row.
- Do not allow plant food to contact the main stem or foliage of the plant.